miércoles, 22 de octubre de 2014

waiting for a new router bit

So here is a photo of where I am now. I should have routed for the bindings, but a closer look at the routing bit made me decide is wasnt good enough. So I ordered a new one. It will take some time to arrive. I´m sure. I´m also sure that the guy who sells it doesnt have it in stock. Noone in this country stocks anything because stock means investment and noone has any money. Oh yes, of course, the rich have loads of money and in Spain there are twice as many as 6 years ago when the crisis started and they have tree times more money than back then.... They always get their things "sorted out" and leave the rest of us to live in the chaos that their sorting out leaves us.


jueves, 16 de octubre de 2014

An "old" photo

This photo is some weeks old. I had forgot that I had taken it. The building of the 3 guitars is in a completely different moment. I have assembled the body and the neck, waiting for a new router bit to arrive, so that I can fit the bindings. Meanwhile, I´m making the bridges.
Now that I´ve found the charger for the batteries, hopefully I will update the blog more often.
On the photo you can see the 3 soundboards for guitars 119 - 121. 2 x 2A a 1 x 1A

martes, 23 de septiembre de 2014

Back and working

Ok, I´ve been back for a month now and I´ve been working the last 2 weeks. In the start it was simply to hot.
So here you have the first shot of guitars nubers 119, 120 and 121. 2 x 2A blancas and a 1A blanca. They should be finished and ready for sale some day in November.


lunes, 23 de junio de 2014

guitar wood preparation.

While I varnished the violin, I prepared some wood for the guitars that I will build after summer.
This means that when starting up again, its the more delicate work in a clean workshop. My next batch of guitars will be 2 x 2A blancas and 1x 1A blanca
This is my last post in a while. I will go away for summer and will back in end August.
Enjoy life.


sábado, 21 de junio de 2014

violin varnished

Here´s the violin #4  varnished.
I have used some oldfashion "grain popper" on the maple before varnishing and the result is amazing. The figuring is a lot deeper and 3 dimensional.
A tad of very fine steel wool covered in vinegar. Cover the container/glass/whatever and let stay for around 30 hours. It stinks badly!!
Take out the steel wool and dillute with destilled water 1 to 8 water. And apply with a brush.


miércoles, 18 de junio de 2014

Violin in white


So here you have violin/fiddle #4 with strings on and ready to be varnished. The tone is big and with a lot of volume. I hope the varnish wont ruin that. Again, the picture is with indirect light only, so the the shape of the instrument can be seen jus a little bit.